Last Updated: May 9, 2016
We at Godolphin, LLC (“Godolphin”) collect information about our website users on this site in order to accept nominations and provide information in connection with the Thoroughbred Industry Employee Awards program (the “Awards”). We provide the completed applications with your information to the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Inc. (“TOBA”) who administers the Awards program. You represent that you have the consent of any nominee to provide their information to us and to TOBA. TOBA’s policies govern their use of the information and we have no control over their use of your information. By submitting an Application, you consent to the transfer of the Application and your information to TOBA.
You also represent in connection with the Application, that you have obtained from the nominee free and full rights for TOBA and Godolphin to use all information provided through the nomination process, additional submissions, correspondence, photographs and videos at their discretion, including, but not limited to, media and promotional purposes. All nominees may be required to participate in publicity generated for the Awards. The Awards reserve the right to use any entries, photographs, media and/or articles of the finalists of an award for promotional purposes. The nominees agree to the use of any entries, photographs, media and/or articles for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media with or without any further action on the part of the Awards and/or the finalists, payment or other compensation to the finalists.
We also collect information:
(1) To deliver information efficiently to users who request information from us, or who want to use website tools such as to request an Application, and who supply us with their name, address, email and other details. Once you have given us your details, we place a small file called a ‘cookie’ on your computing device (which could be a desktop PC, laptop, mobile phone or tablet) so that the website knows who you are when you return, and can therefore offer useful functionality, such as remembering your username.
(2) To allow us to improve our website by gathering anonymous data about you and your browsing habits, analyzing which webpages visitors access, and seeing how many return to our website. This is done using Google Analytics and involves cookies being set on visitors’ computing devices. Unlike the cookie described in (1) above, these cookies gather no personal details about you, and all visitors remain anonymous. We do not allow third parties any access to the data from these cookies, such as advertisers or partners, No third parties such as advertisers have access to this data, nor does our website ever place any cookies on behalf of any third parties.
Opting out of cookies and Google Analytics
To protect your privacy, we have established the following three principles:
(1) If you have given us your details, Godolphin’s staff may use them to contact you by phone, text, email or post relating to your Application for the Awards or as part of fulfilling a request by you (such as asking for a brochure) or an order you have placed with us, or to provide you with information about our services on an ongoing basis, or more generally to make our service to you, the customer, as efficient as possible. As part of our marketing work, we may from time to time invite you to participate in surveys and other research relating to Godolphin and its services. You can unsubscribe from receiving all such information and/or contacts, other than in connection with an Application, simply and easily at any time, either by writing to us at the address below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) Except for the transfers to TOBA in connection with the Award or transfers to affiliates of Godolphin, we will not sell, rent, or otherwise trade your details to any third party, and no third parties such as advertisers have access to your details.
(3) We will continue to invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the latest security technology.
How does Godolphin protect customer information?
Except with respect to the Awards as described in this policy and for transfers to TOBA, customer data is kept in a private and secure environment that is accessible only by Godolphin staff with appropriate security clearance. We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy.
Will Godolphin disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
As described in our principles above, except with respect to the Awards and our affiliates, we will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties. Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Access to your own data
You can ask us to show you the data we have collected about you at any time, by writing to:
3101 Beaumont Centre Circle, Suite 110
Lexington, KY 40513
Please note that such written requests will need to be accompanied by photocopies of a household or utility bill in your name and of the photo page of your driving license or passport. Please also include a daytime telephone number and email address so that we can verify that the request to access your data is coming from you, and not someone else.